7 days later. Small changes in my forehead but not frown lines

I got Botox 7 days ago. My vertical forehead lines are smooth but my 11 frown lines still have movement. It is too soon? Do some muscles take longer to show the effects?

Botox and Results

It can take a full two weeks to see the results of Botox and evaluate the area.  I would wait the 14 days and return to your treating physician to evaluate the results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox Results

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved after 14 days.

Take care.

How long before seeing results with Botox

The forehead muscles are weaker than the muscles between your brows and can react sooner from the botox. Although, as a rule of thumb you can start to see the benefits from botox in as little as 3-4 days, but it can take up to 14 days. If after two weeks you feel that you still have more movement than you want you can return to your injector for more botox.  

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

The forehead takes 10-14 days to see the final effect.  If after that time you need more, please add more or fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox - forehead lines gone, but not the frown lines

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Good question - the forehead muscles are weaker than the frown  (corrugator) muscles.
  • Give yourself another week and if the result isn't good enough - 
  • Return to the doctor and have more injected.
  • Next time - be sure you get an adequate dose in the frown lines. They can be tough to beat.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Botox improvement for frown lines

Botox is a safe and effective treatment for treating frown lines and horizontal forehead lines. Some areas of the face in some people start improving in 3-5 days, while other areas can take 10-14 days. Be patient. If at 2 weeks there isn't enough improvement, you may require more Botox, or in some cases if your lines are etched in at rest, then adding some filler is a great idea.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  In general it is best to allow 10-14 days to pass after Botox administration before assessing your long-term results as there is often a delay in onset.  If at that time your results are not satisfactory you can receive a touch-up to stop any residual movement.  

Thank you for your question. It can take up to 1-2 weeks to see the full results. If you do not notice any difference at that time you can return to your physician for additional injections. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

How long does it take Botox to work?

Thank you for your question.  This is one which is asked by many people and frequently discussed during consultation prior to injection.  It takes up to 14 days before you see the full effect of Botox.  Although your frown lines still have movement you need to wait another week.  At the 14 day mark you should return to your injector and if you still have movement of the muscles then a touch up is required.  Your injector will make a note of it so you receive a larger dose for your next treatment in 3-4 months.  I hope this helps.    

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

Botox kicking in

Hello and thank you for your questions, and I hope you get the results you desire. Botox and Dysport will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days, but some may see results earlier. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days, so two weeks after your injections is a great time for a follow-up with your injector if you are not getting the results you desire. Additional injections may be given at 2 weeks if more correction is desired/needed. Botox/Dysport typically last 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon