4 weeks post from a breast lift and implant,discovered an open wound. How concerning is this? Ps office closed til Tues (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post op from a breast lift and augmentation. I changed my silicone tape last night and saw an open wound at the bottom of the nipple. I had an anchor lift. I have left the area with out tape and covered with gauze as it is lightly bleeding. My PS office is closed until Tuesday. What should I do in the meantime? How concerning is this?

Wound breakdown

You have what appears to be a small wound breakdown around the border of the areola. Best to speak with you surgeon about appropriate wound care. 

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr,Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

4 weeks post from a breast lift and implant,discovered an open wound. How concerning is this? Ps office closed til Tues

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Spitting stitch

From your photograph, it appears that you have what we call a spitting suture. This is where one of the stitches works its way to the surface and irritates the surrounding skin. This does not represent any type of emergency and can merely be kept clean with an antibiotic soap and then the placement of an antibiotic cream such as Neosporin or bacitracin. I would recommend that you follow up with your operating plastic surgeon in the next week or so. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS