3 consultations for a chin implant. Each surgeon recommends a different shape/size implant - How do I chose? (photos)

The 1st suggested an implant with extra height to avoid a strong labiomental fold. The second suggested strong frontal projection but no lateral wings as this would be too masculine. The third suggested conservative projection but wider/thicker on the sides to avoid a step change btw implant and jaw. The 3 surgeons are equally friendly, competent, highly rated. They all claim the implant size/shape they chose for me is the best for the results I want to achieve. How am I suppose to chose??!

3 consultations for a chin implant. Each surgeon recommends a different shape/size implant.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  There are many different shapes, sizes and a couple of methods of placement and varying aesthetic judgement by different surgeons.

I use extended anatomical, silastic implants through a small, curved incision under the chin.  This will provide the appropriate amount of front projection to the chin without making your chin masculine.

Hope this helps.

Three consultations for a chin implant, how do I choose?

From the one side profile photograph, it appears there's a significant weak in recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes. In our practice, we have been using Implantech silastic chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate. We always use a chin implant that has lateral wings because the entire  chin needs to be augmented in three-dimensional fashion. Placement of a small and short implant on the front of the chin  will not look good. If the teeth are significantly out of alignment, consider a sliding Genioplasty by an oral surgeon. For more information including diagrams of the implants themselves, and many before-and-after results, please see the video and the link below