2 weeks post-op from BBL in the US, swollen left cheek? (Photo)

A few days ago I noticed my left cheek was abit more swollen & then 2 days ago my butt swelled up even more.. I contacted my surgeon who is in the US & I'm in Canada, there was no redness or heat or fever. Now today I noticed my left cheek has redness after I got out of the shower, it was very warm to touch & it feels like my forehead & neck are pretty warm.. & I feel tired! What should I do? Goto ER? Can I die if I don't hear back from my dr by tomorrow????

Thank you for your question.I would consult with your surgeon for a physical examination if there are areas of your buttocks that you are concerned about. If you cannot be seen immediately, and you are having signs of infection then I would recommend going to an emergency room to be checked out and treated if there is in fact infection present. Generally, most of the swelling has resolved by 6-8 weeks.. During the recovery period leading up to that your buttocks will continue to change slightly as the swelling resolves and one side/area may resolve quicker than the other giving the appearance of unevenness. Seeing as the swelling seems to be getting worse and not better, it is definitely important that you have your plastic surgeon give you a physical examination. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Redness and BBL

You need to be evaluated in person. This might mean going to the emergency room or finding a local plastic surgeon who is willing to see you.  Good luck.