It's been 17 days since I made transplant; still have redness and a lot of the hair fell out?

Its been 17 days and my doctor says that the policy is to wait 1 month to trim it in a machine at 0 degree , and its ok but i am responsible for anything happens , i still have redness and alot of the hair fell out , and i have work in 2 days i have to trim it at 0 , please help me asap , thank you

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

SHOW LESS

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Redness post hair transplant

You are probably noticing what is called shock loss of your native hair.  This is considered normal.  As for the redness, it is normal to experience this.  Over time, this will resolve.  Avoid sun exposure and consult your hair transplant physician should the redness not improve over the next 2 months.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "redness" you should contact your doctor.

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "redness" you should contact your doctor.  There isn't much the Internet can "help" you with if you require an examination and treatment.  Contact your doctor and express your concerns.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and a lot of the hair fell out

after 2 weeks your hair is still very short and no need to trim ... you may loss %80 of transplanted hair in shock loss period beside rednesss of skin that takes about 8 weeks, so it is normal .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for posting your question. 17 days post procedure, redness is very normal. Depending on the density used, some patients get some redness, others a bit more severe, and some not at all. There isn't much you can do at this point, and hopefully the redness subsides sooner than later. Try contacting your clinic that performed the procedure, to see if they can prescribe you a topical steroid lotion/cream. Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss after transplant

Redness and hair loss after a transplant happen. The hair loss of native hair is called shock loss and is discussed in the video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

17 days after hair transplantation

It is normal to have a little redness and have hair fall out a few weeks after a hair transplantation. The actual follicle is still alive gaining a blood supply but the hair falls out. I let my patients trim their hair after 2 weeks but only your physician knows the right thing for you with your hair and the procedure YOU had done. After spending so much time and money, you don't want to risk any problems for a haircut. Best wishes!

1 month

seems like a lot but every clinic is a little different so you should follow what your doctor says. Things will vary if it is FUT vs FUE and neograft vs ARTAS.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist