I'm in 11 days post-op of my Breast Augmentation. My boobs sitting very high and looks very funny is this normal? (photo)

My implants are 450 cc for my right one and 480 for the left one and it's sailin ! The bottom part of my boobs are empty and implants are in top half of my boobs

11 days post op BA

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing. They will continue to change in the several weeks. Please follow instructions from your PS

Yes it is normal

Hello, Thank you for your question. Yes, it is very normal for the implants to sit high at first. It can take sometimes up to three months for the implants to settle into place.  It is also very important to do your breast exercise massages that your surgeon is teaching you. In our office if a revision needs to be done we wait six months before we discuss any kind of revision.

Mark W. Greene, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Riding high implants

It's not at all uncommon especially in the first few weeks after breast augmentation, for them to ride high due to the tension of the pectoralis muscle. As this muscle relaxes, and your swelling abates, the implants will drop naturally into the pocket created for them. Ask your surgeon about stretching and massage as this is something we teach our patients. I would wait at least six months before deciding on any type or revision or adding a breast lift. good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I'm in 11 days post-op of my Breast Augmentation. My boobs sitting very high and looks very funny is this normal?

Thank you for the question and your photo. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel numbness, hypersensitivity, pain, itchiness, and slight abnormalities during this period. It usually takes about 2-3 months for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. In the meanwhile follow your surgeons post-op care instructions. It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Implants at 11 days post

You are very early in the healing phase and likely your implants will come down a bit with time. Best of luck.

11 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question;
Its too early to talk about results with only 11 days post op. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op Day 11

You are still very early to know exactly how your breasts will look. It is very normal for your implants to be high at this time- typically we have our patients do massage to help stretch tissues. Ask your surgeon when you follow up what their thoughts are. Best of luck.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Although it is early in the healing process, I would definitely return for a follow up visit with your plastic surgeon to confirm that he/she feels you are healing well.  It does take time for the implants to settle, however, if there is any fluid or blood collection within the pocket of your implants the surgeon could determine whether any intervention is needed.

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Still very early in ling phases! But you are riding very high. You might have needed a lift operation? But no before photos posted. Best to wait 3 months to see if implants descend into the inferior pockets? 

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. Your implants are currently sitting high on your chest due to a combination of skin swelling and muscle cramping.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.