Which one is better for tightening of face not neck, MACS of mini facelift?

I have some loose skin after weight loss in my face but my neck is fine. What's the difference in result of these two surgeries? Thx

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  There are many different types of facelifts today however, I feel that many of these are very invasive with quite a long recovery time as mentioned below.  In my humble opinion, any facelift procedure should include: the ability to remove excess skin from the face, SMAS dissection/elevation/trimming/re-suturing (not suspension or folding with sutures or threads as these don't last) and finally the mid face should be shaped making the face more feminine or angular = masculine.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

MACS lift vs Minifacelift

A MACS lift is just a means of tightening the tissues underneath the skin, These tissues are commonly referred to as the SMAS. A MACS lift can be combined with a mini facelift. A mini facelift will usually only address the loose skin in the upper face region, but will not help with loose skin in the neck. The MACS lift tightening procedure can give additional support and lifting power to a traditional mini facelift which often just removes and tightens the skin.I perform the MACS lift routinely in my practice with both the mini facelift and traditional facelift