Swollen, uneven, and visible scar 6 months post rhinoplasty

I had a hump/slight droop prior to my open rhinoplasty. My hump was shaved and my tip reconstructed. After surgery my nose looked huge and completely uneven. When I adress these concerns with my doctor he assures me I still have a lot of healing to do. 6 month post op he shot Kenalog to reduce swelling. It's now 7 months post op and my nose is still huge, uneven, and scar is visible.I'm scared that he isn't being honest because he's saying it will look amazing after a complete year of healing.

6 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty Reco

The appearance of your nose will undergo many changes while it heals for up to 1-2 years after surgery. It is typically prudent to allow a year of healing before considering any revision, unless there is something egregiously amiss.

I would recommend following up closely with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for reaching out.  The nose is a very particular body part that tends to hold onto swelling for a very long time.  This swelling is also often uneven.  Certainly your scar may need a revision and is pretty straight forward.  In regards to the rest of your nose I would wait a full year before contemplating a reversional rhinoplasty.  

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon