Is it possible for me to successfully get a breast lift with minimal scarring? (photos)

I don't want the lollipop scar, I'd prefer a lift done from an incision through the nipple only. I'm also not sure if I'd need an implant along with the lift but I'm open to it.

Full breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible for me to successfully get a breast lift with minimal scarring?

No. That is like asking if you can lose weight without diet or exercise (Note, even gastric bypass causes "forced" diet via small meals). Or Yes, if you want to have to undergo another second re-operation.

You are the exact type of patient "seduced" by doctors' claims of "internal lift," laser-bra lift, super-duper unbelievable no-scar lift, etc. A periareolar lift will neither adequately lift your breasts, nor leave minimal scars, as these lifts both flatten breasts and also frequently leave puckered and pleated irregular (crappy) scars to boot! Don't fall for this baloney (it also costs less--right until you factor in the revision surgery needed to fix the first "wrong" operation)!

You will need a full wise (anchor) mastopexy. I am not a fan of lollipop (circumvertical) mastopexy either, for similar bad scar and poor shape reasons. Beware and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Based on your nipple position in the photo it is unlikely that a periareolar mastopexy will provide adequate breast lift for you.  It is very likely that a vertical component such as a lollipop or anchor lift will be necessary.  You most likely have adequate breast tissue and will not need an implant..  Your most important decision is your choice of plastic surgeon.