A solution for square / masculine face? Chin implant or...? (Photos)

I recently had a facelift. I love my neck. It certainly turned back the clock. However, I feel that I'm not quite 'finished' yet. My jaw/chin area is very square and masculine looking. I would like a more feminine face-triangle/heart shaped. What can help with my situation? Would a chin implant help? What would you suggest?

My jaw/chin area is very square and masculine looking. I would like a more feminine face-triangle/heart shaped.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat below and in front of the cheeks and chin is weak.  These combine to create an elongated, rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Liposuction would be combined for further shaping of the cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  When the cheeks are flat and the jaw line prominent this creates a relatively masculine appearance to the female face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Chin Reshaping

A cin implant is only going to make the chin bigger and look wider. You either need a sliding genioplasty to being the chin forward and narrow it or, more likely, a t-shaped chin osteotomy combined with jawline narrowing behind it. This is the only way to get a ore triangular or heart-shaped face.

Chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin implant candidate for weak and recessive chin profile

Chin implants are placed for patient's who have a weak and recessive chin profile, not to make a change in the shape of the entire face.  For many examples, please see the link and the video below