One sided swelling on right cheek 2.5 weeks after Voluma injections. Any suggestion?

I had voluma injected into my midface & temples 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine until 2 days ago when my right midface cheek & under the eye were very swollen. I've been taking Benadryl & ibuprofein but no help. It's painless, not itchy, no rash, normal skin color just feels tight from the swelling. When I press it feels spongy & firm. My left cheek & both temples are fine. Why does the voluma react 2 weeks later and only the right cheek is swollen? What can I do to make the swelling go down?

Swelling two weeks after injections of Voluma

It is not typical to have swelling two weeks after the injections.  Immediately after the injections you can definitely have swelling and bruising.  I would return to consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these facial injections for the best advice.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question. If the area is more swollen than before then you may need to return to the place you were injected. It would also be a good idea to be seen by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for options.

Voluma and Swelling

This can be what is called "late onset inflammatory nodules" I suggest seeing your board certified physician.  Possibly you need oral steroids or an antibiotic just to be sure there is no major issue with the area that is inflamed .  Best, Dr. Emer.