Is there any real difference between Natrelle 339cc and Mentor 325cc?

I'm 5'3 120 lbs with a BWD of 12.1. I want Mod + because of the much more natural slope. However, a PS I saw suggested HP because I'm combatting my genetics of having a flat, broad chest (I'm Asian). I still want to get Mod+. I was told 325cc would be the biggest due to width. Just looked into Natrelle brand implants and the 339cc has a 0.2 cm higher projection (4.0cm vs 3.8cm mentor) with just 0.1cm wider(12.4 vs 12.3). They cost more though, would I notice any difference to make it worth it?

Breast Augmentation: Information

RealSelf aug profile Dear Ms. Jarden001,

Thank you for your story and questions. Unfortunately without photos or a examination and the ability to take measurements I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

It is my understanding that the silicone gel for both implant companies comes from the the same silicone gel manufacturing company. Only their shell dimensions and sizes differ.

The choice of profile of implant:
A) for the same volume the higher the profile the narrower the base width.
B)there is very little difference in projection between a moderate to high profile implant
thus little affect on how the actual nipple will look.
C) the base width of the breast should equal the base width of the implant
D)thus I personally chose the profile based on the patients chest measurements,
(a high profile on a wide chest may not result in the cleavage desired and
conversely a low profile on a narrow chest may result in implant in the outside arm
area).

I trust that you have chosen a Plastic Surgeons who is experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally is member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Size differences

I recommend that you go with what your Plastic Surgeon recommends and the cost you are comfortable with. The visible difference between these two once implanted would be almost impossible to see in my opinion.

All the best 

Is there any real difference between Natrelle 339cc & Mentor 325cc?

Thank you for your question. From the standpoint of volume alone, there is very little difference. 30cc is
an ounce, so we're talking about 1/2oz. difference. In my experience, most people cannot see a difference
with that small a change. There may be slight differences in implant dimensions. But again, not to a degree
that anyone could really see. I hope that this helps.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Choice of Breast Implants

IMO the minuscule difference in implant dimensions will be unnoticeable.  All current manufacturers in the US produce excellent products and cohesive gel implants produce high quality results.  Remember that .1 cm is 1/25th of an inch to put this in perspective.   Good luck and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Diplomate, American Bd. of Plastic Surgery
ABC TV/Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

No real difference

In my opinion it would be impossible to see the difference on you of 2/10 of a  centimeter and 14 mL in volume between the two different implants. In my practice, we use the Vectra 3-D imaging so we can compare side-by-side the different shapes, sizes, brands, and styles of the different implants that are available. I would stick with your plastic surgeons recommendation they probably have done it a few times more than you have. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast implants - Mentor or Natrelle

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Great question -
  • It is really, really important in my opinion for you to have the implant that you prefer.
  • The volume difference sounds small but it makes the larger implant (\Natrelle) 4% larger than the Mentor.
  • However - if in fact your breast width is no more than 12.1 cm, the Natrelle will be 2.5% wider than your breast width, the Mentor will be 1.7% wider.
  • If you want the greater volume and can live with an implant that wider than your chest,  then it is reasonable in my view to ask the surgeon to implant the Natrelle..
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

No

I doubt you will see much of a difference between the the two different implant sizes.  In my practice, I utilize Vectra 3D imaging to show patients what different implants will potentially look like.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Difference

Once placed inside, you would not notice any difference between the two implants. Both are made by good companies. I would suggest following your plastic surgeon's advice about size.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon