Is it up to my ps to fix my unhappy breast? (photo)

Oct 11th I had my ba.i had 385cc hc silicone unders.i wad clear I wanted to be a full c cup.i voiced to him I should get 415 or more but he very much insisted I would get a full c with 385.well I'm an a cup.im so unhappy.should it be up to him to fix this?

Is it up to my ps to fix my unhappy breast?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Sorry to hear that you are not pleased with your results. Let me first say that if you are not happy, you need to have an honest and open conversation with your surgeon and discuss your concerns and how you would like to proceed. That being said, there is no rule that says your plastic surgeon is financially responsible for making you happy if you are not happy, but often he or she will want to make your happy and will work with you.

Let me also say that you are barely a month out from surgery, and some asymmetry is very typical at this point. The breast will not heal at the same rate and the implants may settle at different rates, so I would wait at least 3 months before you try to talk about your final results. I think that you have a nice result on your right side and with time the left side may follow suit. 

Also, I am going to take issue with some of your assertions. Although I am not sure what your pre-op photos looked like, you are asserting that after a 385 cc implant, you are an A cup. I do not know where you are getting measured for a bra, but I think that this is impossible. I usually tell patients that a rough estimate of change in cup size is between 150-200 cc per cup size. So even if you started out completely flap with no breast whatsoever, with a 385 cc implant, you would at least be a B cup or even a small C. And from the picture, I would also say that based on your frame and body habitus, I would disagree that your current breast size is an A cup. 

I know you are unhappy at this time, but over-exaggerating your results is not going to help the conversation with your surgeon move forward and you need to be reasonable. In addition, you also assert that you wanted 415 cc implants, which is only 30 cc difference (or 2 tablespoons). If you are unhappy with a 385 cc implant, it is highly unlikely that you would have been happy with a 415 cc implant because this difference would be almost imperceptible. It certainly would not have changed you from what you call an "A cup" to the "full C" that you were wanting.

My overall advice? Wait until at least three months. Be realistic about your results, your goals, and your expectations. If at three months, you are still not happy, have an open and honest discussion with your surgeon. 

Hope this helps! 

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

In cases where patients are displeased with the outcome of surgery it is best for him/her to discuss their concerns in a calm/constructive fashion; most plastic surgeons very much want their patients to be pleased and will do everything they can to improve outcomes.  On the other hand, an accusatory stance taken by a patient does not end up working out well for anybody involved.  For example, I would suggest avoiding using inflammatory term such as "botched"... Overall, staying emotionally even keel tends to be helpful in these cases.

When it comes to revisionary surgery costs, policies will vary: charges such as facility and/or anesthesia fees are quite customary in most practices.  Often, surgeons will reduce or waive fees.  I can tell you personally that I am much more likely to waive fees for patients who demonstrate an understanding of the circumstances as opposed to patients who expect "perfection" and approach the complication in an accusatory or faultfinding fashion.

Again,  communicate your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion. Working together you will likely come up with a plan to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with. Best wishes for an outcome that you are pleased with long-term.