Are there any others procedures that could lift buttocks without fat transfer or implantation? (Photo)

I have done Brazilian butt lift and I don't like the results at all! I know it is too early to bbl was done 7 days ago, I have had always saggy like butt ,working out lifting weights, doing squats made my butt smaller and more saggy. I like to workout, I am also a runner, I dont care about the size of the buttocks I just want to have them firm and nice , I'm wondering if there is any other lifting procedure in the plastic surgery market besides fat transfers or butt implants,? Thank you

Procedures to lift buttocks without fat transfer or implantation

Hello and thank you for your question.

The answer to your question is yes!

It is possible to undertake a buttock lift in essence by removing a half circumference of fat and skin like a wide belt from the upper buttock at the back; this procedure is often needed after massive weight loss for example. Rather than waste the excised tissue it is possible to contour and cone it into a shape not too dissimilar to a buttock implant and put it back into the upper buttocks whilst lifting them, a procedure known as buttock lift with 'auto augmentation'. 

If  you have already had a Brazilian butt lift with fat grafting I would advise you to wait six months at least before any further surgery to allow a full resolution of the healing process and maturation of the scarring so that a previous procedure does not detract from a subsequent one also to allow time for the full benefits of fat grafting to be achieved and seen.

I hope that you found this information to be helpful.

my very best wishes.

London Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift

Aside from the two procedures you already mentioned, BBL and Implants, there are "lifting" procedures which can address your concerns, but the trade-off will be scarring. Buttocks can be lifted via a circumferential tummy tuck, butt lift/thigh lift. 

Procedures for the buttocks

Procedures for enhancing the buttocks include:

2)Butt implant

3)Lateral thigh and buttocks lift

Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Are there any others procedures that could lift buttocks without fat transfer or implantation?

Hello westamel - Thanks for your question. You could have a surgical buttocks lift which places fairly long incisions on the top of each buttocks cheek to excise loose, saggy skin and retighten the buttocks. The look is quite good in most patients, but the scars are visible. They fade with time but never completely. You could try a series of gentle laser treatments, RF skin tightening, etc. but gravity is hard to beat in a non-surgical manner. I hope this helps. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Buttock enhancement options

Like any booming fad or fashion, there are always scammers looking to get a peice of the action and make quick/easy profits.  Well as the saying goes, "anything too good to be true, usually is (not true)". Unfortunately the ripe new world of buttock augmentaion has become the next victim with a bunch of nonsense magical creams, potions, lotions and pills...NONE OF WHICH WORK. It is not yet possible to take a substance that only and exclusively make your derrière grow. Other than being genetically blessed in the buttock and/or consistent rigorous exercise, there is no "natural" way to grow the buttock other than surgery. Please read on for more surgical details:

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.

Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is much less palpable & visible (ie feeling and looking like an Olympic sprinter's butt), and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD