Is there a procedure or surgery that could fix the symmetry of my eyes/eyelids? (photo)

It's something that's always bothered me and i've always wondered if it was something that could be fixed. It's not the end of the world if not but money isn't so much an issue these days and I'm just wondering if its a common thing these days or not.

Eyelid asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photo provided, the left eyelid is droopy (ptosis) relative to the right eyelid. Your condition can be corrected with ptosis surgery, and to create more symmetry between the eyes.  An in-person consultation is required to best determine the cause of the ptosis, such as the relative position of one eye relative to each other, etc.  Best wishes.  

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of eyelids

Your question is valid and yes there is a surgery to correct the asymmetry.  It is called a bleparoplasty.  You appear to be young compared to most people seeking bleparoplasty.  You do have some brow ptosis also.  It is important to consult with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon so they can examine you and make sure you don't have issues with the levator muscle causing some of the asymmetry.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Normal asymmetry

It is normal to not be totally symmetric. We are always our worse critic and this asymmetry is most likely only apparent to you.

Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

You have two options- surgery or volume replacement. Surgery is difficult- it can be very hard to anticipate exactly where the folds will occur and how much fat to remove from your right side. Also you have to be careful that your surgeon does not remove too much skin and make your eyes look "done," or worse yet leave you unable to close your eyes completely. Safer, is to try revolumization of the left subbrow fat pad. This will fill out the skin and make it match the right side. There is less risk of asymmetry and if you don't like it most fillers can be reversed. There are many excellent injectors in canada and I'm sure you can find someone in your area with experience in this area. This is not a place for a first time injector! good luck

Aric K. Park, MD

Eyelid Asymmerty is normal, but surgery can sometimes make it less visible

Everyone has asymmetry of the eyes but with the aging process, the skin will cause the asymmetry to be more visible.  The orbits of the eyes are different in everyone so the more shallow orbit will have less room for the excess skin to go behind the eyeball and therefore the skin falls forward more on that side.  Your left eye shows a fold and the right shows a very narrow space between the eyeball and upper orbit.   If you feel that the asymmetry is becoming more obvious with age, it is because the excess skin is accentuating the underlying bony difference between the eyes.  In this case, the upper eyelid blepharoplasty would be beneficial. If you look at my website you can see a young girl who has marked asymmetry before surgery but after excision of the excess skin, the asymmetry is barely noticeable.   Alternatively, if you are more concerned with the overall asymmetry that has been visible since puberty, this would be very complicated surgery because it would require adjustment of the underlying bony framework.  Your asymmetry is relatively subtle and therefore it may be difficult to find a surgeon to tackle this concern, however,  if this is your goal, your best bet would be to consult with a maxillofacial surgeon. Good Luck!

Kimberley Lloyd O'Sullivan, MD
Pawtucket Plastic Surgeon