Which procedure is better to have first, midface lift or mini lift?

Have droopy cheeks, hollow under eye & some loose skin in lower face. I can't afford 2 precedures, which one would be better. Thanks

Midfacelift or minilift

Thank you for a great question and for sharing your concerns.  Hollowing under the eye and midface issues are dealt with very differently from lower face and neck laxity.  It is difficult to make any recommendation without pictures, however, I would start with whatever concerns you most.

I recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to further discuss your concerns and options.  You may find there is a procedure combination to address both areas that you can afford, and have the best of both worlds!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Which is better a mid face lift or mini lift?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a photo or physical exam it is difficult to provide anything meaningful. Mid face lift and mini facelift are performed for very different reasons so it depends entirely upon your anatomy, physical findings and goals. I would recommend a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so an individualized recommendation be made. Good luck!

Facelift

Thank you for the question but an examination is really needd to determine what might give you the best result. So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Facelift Choices

Without photos and an exam as well as discussion as to what improvement is most important to you, it would be impossible to answer your question. Please note that there are non surgical options for facial rejuvenation as well. 
#FaceliftChoices
#NonSurgicalFacelift
#facelift

Mid vs. Mini Facelift

Mid facelift surgery targets skin around the eyes, nose and mouth, correcting so-called “bags” under the eyes, upper cheek hollowness, and prominent nasal folds. If a neck lift is not indicated for you, the mid facelift may be a good solution.The mini facelift, sometimes referred to as a “weekend” facelift, is a quick procedure with a short recovery period that reduces minor sagging of the cheeks, neck and jaw line. When compared to standard facelift surgery, the mini facelift procedure offers reduced risk and stress and greater affordability. The mini facelift can be a good solution for individuals who notice the first subtle signs of aging skin in their 30s and 40s.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photographs

From what you are describing, a short scar facelift may be your best option.  If you could post some photographs, it would be easier to give you some advice.  It would be worth your time to visit with one or two BCPS in your area who can assess your tissues and give a little better guidance.

Midface or Mini-lift

Your question involves 2 different procedures that aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Since you didn't submit photos I am not able to "see" what is best.  A consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is your best course.  I am a beleiver in the concept that when you have a "mini-" procedure you get "mini-" results.  Also it is best to start with whatever bothers you the most.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Which procedure to choose?

Thank you for your question. The options available to you could be varied and the best way to truly find out what your options are is an in-person consultation with a boarding tissues, and your aesthetic goals- you may be happier with one procedure over the other. Your Plastic Surgeon will work with you to plan the procedure which will give you the most benefit.

All the best

A facelift should be tailored to the aesthetic needs of the patient.

There is no need to have to procedures. One should choose the facial rejuvenation regimen relative to surgery that delivers the best result. There different types of facelifts that have different aesthetic goals. Perhaps a full facelift would be the best choice.

Macslift

It would be very helpful to see some pictures but normally there is not much of a difference in price between a mid-face lift and a facelift with Blepharoplasty.