Is someone pregnant allowed to use Botox or Juvederm filler? Or is that dangerous?

Injectables should generally not be used while pregnant

While there have not been any studies researching the effect of Botox or fillers on pregnant women, it is not advised to use them while pregnant. Please wait until after your pregnancy to resume use of injectables.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Avoid BOTOX During Pregnancy

This is a very good question. During pregnancy, it's important to think about the safety of anything being put into your body. Even though researchers haven't conducted any large-scale studies of using BOTOX during pregnancy, it isn't recommended. It's unlikely the tiny amount of BOTOX injected into facial muscles would circulate through the body, but I recommend being cautious. JUVÉDERM is composed of a type of acid that's naturally found in the body, but you should talk to your obstetrician before getting filler injections.Thanks for your question.

Suzanne Bruce, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and pregnancy

Neither Botox nor Juvederm is approved for use during pregnancy.  It is best to avoid these treatments if you are, or believe yourself to be, pregnant.

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. It is not recommended that if you are pregnant and or breastfeeding to avoid cosmetic treatments. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Pregnancy and Cometic Injections

Pregnancy is definitely a contraindication in having any cosmetic procedures such as Botox or fillers. It is best to wait until after your pregnancy to have these treatments.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Pregnancy/Breastfeeding

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. I would not get injected while you are pregnant or breastfeeding as this could lead to problems and is not recommended by the FDA.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Botox & Filler While Pregnant

Thank you for your question. Botox and fillers are not recommended for patient who are pregnant or nursing. 

All the best. 

Botox and pregnancy

While no studies have been done to date on pregnant women receiving Botox or neuromodulators, we generally feel that Botox should not be given during preganacy or nursing. 

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in pregnancy

As you can appreciate, no studies have been done studying the effect of Botox in pregnant patient.

In general, I discourage patients undergoing cosmetic surgery or injectables during pregnancy.In my practice I would not inject Botox during pregnancy. 

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

No Botox or fillers during pregnancy

I do not recommend elective cosmetic procedures during pregnancy.  Botox, fillers and laser treatments would be included; however, inflamed acne can be treated with blue light.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist