Is it normal to still feel some pain and discomfort after one month post op ? (photos)

My left breast is not like my right, it is higher and feeling some mild pain when I massage toward the sternum. WHen I massage the left It seems like the implant is moving in the corner and It gets numb right after.I still wear the bandeau . I had 360cc under the muscle on January 13th, ; is this feeling normal? Thank you for your help.

One month postop from breast augmentation

I would not advise evaluating your outcome until at least 3-6 months from your surgery.  It takes about this long for the swelling to completely resolve and for the tissue to accommodate the implants as they drop into place (the so called "drop and fluff").  It is also important to remember that one side may heal at a different rate than the other so during that 3-6 months you may notice evolving asymmetry.  Intermittent pains are also expected as the nerves are stretched and irritated.  This should resolve with time.  Hang in there.  Be patient.  Keep in contact with your surgeon to ensure your recovery is moving forward appropriately.  Good luck!

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Breast Augmentation

While having pain one month post op is not uncommon, it would be best to let your surgeon know and perhaps examine you. Best of luck.

Asymmetric healing

Yes, it is common to experience asymmetric healing at one month post op. Although most of your pain should be gone. Since I always think it best to err on the side of caution, I would suggest that you make an appointment with your surgeon so that he or she can assess you in person. My best, Dr. Sheila Nazarian @drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz

Is it normal to still feel some pain and discomfort after one month post op ?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  I am sorry to hear of your symptoms but it is common to still have some pain and discomfort at a month after surgery, especially with these implant displacement exercises.  I would advocate talking to your surgeon if any change in appearance to your breast has taken place, but would anticipate that over the next 2-4 weeks your implants/breasts will soften, drop and take on a more natural shape, while your pain should steadily resolve.  Hope this helps.

Postop 1 month pain

Thank you for sharing.  It is common to have some discomfort one month postop.  The pain should be getting better day by day after the first week.  Sometimes going back to work or trying to get back into your normal routine causes you to "over-do-it" leading to increased soreness and pain.    If there is asymmetric swelling and more severe pain, you should see your surgeon to make sure there is no fluid collecting.  If it is just swelling, you may want to take it easy and do less with your left side. You should definitely ask your surgeon or nursing staff to see what they recommend.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

One Month Post-Op

It can be very normal at this time to still have some discomfort. One month is very early in the recovery to be assessing your results or expecting to be completely pain free. Since the implants were put under the muscle, your muscle has to get used to this new situation. Depending on how fit a patient is, the muscle may take longer than average to recover. Remember, too, that the more you do with your arms, the more the pectoralis muscles are worked, keeping them tight. Be sure to follow your board certified plastic surgeon's directions after surgery. Congratulations!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

Thank
you for the question. At 1 month, you are still in
the post operation recovery stage. It is
not uncommon to asymmetric healing during this
period as breasts do heal at different rates. It usually takes about 8-12
weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully
settle. It would always be best to visit
your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your
concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael
Omidi.
An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

It is within normal range

Slight differences in two sides as you heal from surgery are within normal range.  From your photos you seem to be doing fine.   

Vasdev Rai, MD