Why is my nipple puffy after breast augmentation? (photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Puffy nipple six months after breast augmentation.
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- I am so glad you are pleased with your breast augmentation apart from this.
- It seems likely that the puffiness was concealed with swelling and has now become apparent.
- It seems likely it was present but not so noticeable before surgery - check your before photos.
- It can be corrected surgically - but will leave a scar around the areolae.
- Unless it is something you feel you need to correct, it is easier to leave it alone.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Possible tendency to tuberous breast
It would be easier to be sure about this with a pre-op view of that breast but I suspect it had a tendency to be slightly tubeous before surgery on that side and in that case the nipple has a tendency to be puffy and come out more after breast augmentation . If your result is otherwise fien I would leave it alone as correction would involve more scarring around the nipple to correct it
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.