What are the best methods of harvesting fat and inserting it into the breasts?

I would like to know more about the different procedures there are for harvesting fat and inserting it into the breasts. Many surgeons seem to like different methods, so it is confusing for me to figure out which one is the best or how I would like it done. I am also concerned about scarring. I am 5'2, 127 lbs and am an A34 cup. I believe I would get liposuction around my hips, thighs and lower abdomen and possibly upper back for my breasts.

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer to the breasts

Fat transfer offers my patients a chance to use their own excess fat to their advantage by taking it from one place and boosting other regions for a more flattering silhouette. Since the process of fat transfer requires liposuction, the patient must have enough fat to harvest. Based on your measurements, this might not be the best option for you. If you’re looking to increase your chest size, a breast augmentation may be a better option for you. An in-person consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon should be your next step to determine whether a fat transfer is right for you.