Lose weight after breast lift with implants and bbl. (photo)

I have gained 20 pounds for my BBL procedure also I have done breast lift with implants under the muscle done all together in the same day , my breast implants are 250 cc, I had lots of my own breast tissue + with gained weight my breasts were look pretty fat too, so now after the surgery breasts look very firm and nice , I like the size, but will they sag or change a lot if I lose 18 pounds or more, please give me your expert advice Thanks

Loosing weight after a breast lift

Hello dear, thanks for your question !! The purpose of a breast lift is to correct sagging, drooping breasts. The surgery can be performed with or without an augmentation.

To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift.

Of all the cosmetic procedures performed, breast lift surgery is the hardest to master! Therefore, I would strongly recommend seeing a board certified, plastic surgeon who is very experienced with this procedure.

A change in your body weight may very well impact a change in your breast volume. Weight loss, depending on the amount, may cause the breasts to sag again. 

Good luck :)

Weight loss and surgery

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  I advise patients in my practice to be at their ideal goal weight prior to surgery as any fluctuations in weight will likely affect the results of their surgery.  In your case, its possible that weight loss will affect not only your breasts but your buttocks as well.  Chat with your surgeon for their advice.

Weight loss

yes, the breasts may shrink a bit. Guess what?  So will the buttocks. That is why I do not like patients to gain weight for the procedure, because they inevitably like to go down to their preop weight.

Lose weight after breast lift with implants and bbl.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. It's a good question and it's important to touch base with your surgeon to ask their opinion. Whether weight loss will affect your breasts is difficult to say. However, it will almost certainly change the size of your buttocks. The fat cells from the BBL will still increase and decrease in size with changes in weight. Depending on your goals, sometimes it's best to stay at your new weight to maintain your results.

Weight loss

Thank you for the question and I always tell patients to be at their ideal weight prior to surgery, if possible,  as weight loss and or gain after may adversely affect their result.  Now time will tell what will happen to both your breast and buttock with significant weight loss.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Weight loss after BBL

If you gained weight for the procedure and like the results then you should stay that weight. If you lose weight, your fat cells will shrink and you will lose volume in the buttocks as well as your breasts. That is why gaining weight for a procedure is unwise if you are unhappy with how it affects the rest of your body. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Thank you for your picture and questions. Congrats on undergoing your procedure. With change in weight, there certainly can be some changes in the breast. Some people lose or gain a significant amount of weight in their breasts when they change in weight, and some do not. This can be hard to predict. With small implants (250 cc), it is presumed that you still have a significant amount of normal breast tissue which will change with changes in weight. That being said, 20 pounds of weight is a relatively small amount and should not make a massive impact in your ultimate outcome. If you have changes that you do not like once you have reached a stable weight, be sure to discuss that with your plastic surgeon.

Losing Weight After Breast Lift Surgery

Fortunately you had a breast lift w/ implants. The implant will help maintain the perkiness/fullness of your breasts after breast lift surgery. If you intend on losing 18 pounds or more, I would recommend doing it slowly rather than a fasting type surgery where you lose weight quickly. A slow and steady weight loss program will allow your breasts to adapt and hopefully avoid any significant sag.