How long will it take for the bleeding from my breast augmentation to be absorbed? (photos)

I have had a few followups with my PS.I had a ba on Oct 11th.my last app a few days ago he said I had bleeding on the left side and that's why I had a bumpy scar ,dark bruising,pain and my left breast is bigger and firm.he said my body will absorb it.it looks worse by the day ,its still painful where I have to take pain meds and I'm terrified about this not resolving.I relize I should put my trust in him but I have anxiety.I don't want asymmetry please if anyone can put me at ease.I'd appreciate it.

Bruising on your breast is not concerning

if your breast did not change in size during the development of your bruise.  I appreciate that one implant is fuller on and the fold is also higher.  I would suggest you ask your surgeon on methods on helping the higher implant settle so that you have better symmetry.  If you do not have textured, shaped gel implants, the window to help move your implant is still open.

No need to worry at this point

Your result if very early, but already looks very good.  As the swelling a bruising resolves, your result will improve.  Ask your doctor about Arnica Montana and Bromelain for swelling and bruising.  It may help.  Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Concerned About Bruising/Bleeding After Augmentation

Dear debogle,  It is not uncommon to have minor asymmetry after augmentation surgery. In most cases as the swelling and bruising resolve the breasts will even out. Be sure to continue to follow up with your surgeon and follow their advice. Good luck, Dr. Gervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Bruising Concerns

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be early in recovery. Some bruising can be normal and is resolved by 2-3 weeks post op. It is also common to have one breast feel a little more sore or slightly larger because the breasts are often slightly asymmetric to begin with. This will even out over time and usually the softening and drop of breast implants occurs over many months- 2-6 months. If you notice sudden, concerning changes or drastic asymmetry let your Plastic Surgeon know.

All the best

How long will it take for the bleeding from my breast augmentation to be absorbed?

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry that your current results have caused you concern.  After placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As the swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, as it appears has taken place in your right breast.   Additionally, if you did have bleeding within the implant pocket on your left that would also delay settling of the implant relative to the right side. I know waiting is difficult, but hang in there and judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then.

Postop Concerns

So sorry you are having this problem, but your photos demonstrate modest bruising and it does not appear that there is a lot of blood to be concerned about. These issues should resolve with time. Keep in close contact with your surgeon and try to stay positive. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD