Why is my left breast so huge? (Photo)

I got 385cc HP unders I was symetrical and got my surgery on Oct 11th.my left breast is still so huge..I'm so worried.my stitches are coming out in areas and bleeding.I don't see my PS till Tuesday and is a far drive so I can't get there sooner..does anyone believe this is just swelling and is this normal amount for a week later.I'm so worried.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Probable hematoma

The bruising around the incision on the larger side plus the very visible difference between the 2 sides has to be considered a hematoma until proven otherwise. If this is confirmed, removal of the blood is generally advisable as leaving it behind greatly increases the risks of hard scar formation. I'd suggest seeing your doctor asap.

Why is my left breast so huge after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photo.  My suspicion is that the implant that looks larger has not dropped into the pocket as much as the other side.   I do not see any reason to make this an emergency.  If you had a hematoma or bleeding  that left breast would feel incredibly painfully tight, extremely painful and would be very swollen.   Since she cannot reach her plastic surgeon perhaps she should censure photos  to the office for the surgeon to view.  I do think it's important for him to keep your follow-up on Tuesday.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.
I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven or out of place. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement about your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon