Why has Juvederm made my skin loose and face droopy and hollow?

I had a sudden weight gain/edema in my face so I asked a doctor why my cheeks are so big d he recommended juvederm (didn't need volume) saying is balancing my face! Few days after so much swelling, my face got very hollow & droopy & it continued to get worse at 2 months changes were so extreme that my family doctor thought I should test for HIV & cancer because my fat face in 2 months was like Cachexia in cancer & HIV patients. before & after pictures shows these extreme changes.

Facial drooping after juvederm

It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an assessment as this is not typical following juvederm treatments.  

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

I suggest consulting with an expert for an in person consultation to evaluate the primary cause of your drastic change in facial drooping/hollowing. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your question. Your situation deserves an in-person examination to identify the cause of your facial drooping.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for assessment. 

Sudden weight gain

Thank you for your question Aluminum. Juvederm is a great treatment to restore volume to the face. If a person is having sudden weight gain or edema that is evident on photographs, it is important to see a doctor to determine the cause. Once the cause is determined and the issue is addressed, the cosmetic appearance can be dealt with. Often times treating an underlying illness will improve the cosmetic appearance associated with the illness. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician