Juvederm filler not non surgical chin augmentation - should I be concerned? (photos)

I had juvederm injected into my chin to correct a dimple and a receding chin. I had this procedure 3 days ago and the tenderness and swelling is gone. The purple "bruise" showed up pretty soon after the treatment and deepened in color. Why do I have two different types of bruises- the purple and then the brown typical looking bruise under my neck.It has not grown in size since then but is there anything I can do to help the appearance of this and will it go away on its own with time?

Bruising after Injection

I appreciate your question. Bruising after filler injections is common. The color of bruises change as they heal. It is best to return to your injector and have an assessment of your healing process.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Takes Time to Heal

Bruising can happen after a filler injection and they may be different colors as they heal. You can follow up with your injector to alleviate any concern. Best, Dr. Emer

Bruising with Filler?

Dear Quinn6,

We appreciate your question and photo. Bruising after having filler of any type can and does happen. A bruise from any cause can look different as it begins to heal which is the reason for different colors we can see. From you photo and history provided it does appear this is a bruise in the area you had filler placed. In my opinion in situations such as this it is always best to return to the professional who did your injection and have an in person evaluation to assess your situation. Best wishes. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Juvederm for Chin Correction

Thank you for your question and for providing photos. The bruising i see is most probably caused by the manipulation and multiple injections you received. I would strongly advise seeing the surgeon that injected you for a follow up and assessment to assure proper healing. Best of luck to you.