I was wondering if it was possible to make my wide and large nose small and cute? (Photo)

It is quite big as I have a very small face. Even though there is no significant hump, I do have a small bump and my nose is very wide. I think even my nasal bones are quite big and so are my nostrils. Even though my nose is big it has no real shape. Is it helpless for me to ask for a small and cute nose?? Will my nose always be big even after surgery? Will it never be a narrow and feminine nose? Am i expecting too much with my given nose? Also i'm a girl...

Making the large nose smaller and more feminine?

Making the large nose smaller and more feminine?  I would need to see photographs to determine whether or not rhinoplasty is right for you. Noses vary greatly and you should select a surgeon who does natural looking noses.

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the wide nose. To narrow wide nostrils requires osteotomies placed in them.  To narrow a wide bulbous tip requires suture techniques and  a conservative cartilage removal applied to the tip cartilages.  To narrow wide nostrils requires an alar-plasty which involves removal of a wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils. The dorsal hump can also be shaved the same time.  For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

I was wondering if it was possible to make my wide and large nose small and cute?

An in person evaluation with a plastic or facial plastic surgeon would be best. Write down your goals and go over it with the surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

A dorsal hump reduction can be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon and help reduce a bump. If you are seeking a small a cute nose, it is important to be examined by a plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and see if those are possible based on your anatomy. Every patient is different and it is important to find a surgeon who listens and can help you achieve your goals. Best of luck, MMT

Sorry. Can't tell.

If the point is to make the nose look more feminine, you're correct that generally making things smaller or narrower is reasonable.

But there are other ways of making a nose look feminine than modifying the tiny parts of your nose that we see in these photos. For example, if we think that we might not be able to get as much tip narrowing as we want because of the thickness of your skin, we might raise the tip more, which makes the nose look feminine, or lower the bridge a bit more, which makes the nose look more feminine.

But we need to see photos of your whole face, not just bits of the nose, and also profile views, in order to tell!

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon