I need suggestions on what to do about my breasts, very unhappy. Implants are rippling; what do I do? (Photos)

hi i have 475cc mod plus saline OF to 650.. my implants are rippling, breasts are sagging, nipples are so huge, & different sizes.. :( my breats are way more than i bargained for, i want smaller for sure, is there hope for smaller nipples, & higher breasts im so embarassed. no surgeon here ( canada ) wants to even attempt to look at mine. ( i travelled to U.S for originally surgery. thanks in advance.

I need suggestions on what to do about my breasts, very unhappy. Implants are rippling; what do I do?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  If I were seeing you in consultation, I would emphasize clear communication of exactly what your concerns are and what your "ideal" outcome would be. This communication is best done in front of a full-length mirror and with the help of goal photographs. Then, after this careful communication, we would be able to discuss options ( including pros/cons/trade-offs associated with each option).  Otherwise, the advice you receive online will be too simplistic and will not address all the possibilities available to you.   Best wishes.  

It appears, based on your photos and desires, that you would benefit from a bilateral explant, mastopexy and re-augmentation with smaller silicone implants. 

Too much of a good thing.

Your case is straight forward. Your implants are too large and overfilled which makes them super round and more likely to ripple.

I would suggest smaller submuscular silicone implants and a breast lift. This will improve the shape, move them higher and take the load off your back with smaller implants. The difference between saline and silicone breast implants is like night and day.

You may also need the help of ADM during the revision. This is Acellular Dermal Matrix which is used to help build a support structure internally to support your new breasts.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Overinflated large saline implants have definite shortcomings and with thin breast tissue the rippling becomes apparent.  I think you are a good candidate for consideration of a full mastopexy and exchange to smaller silicone implants with reduction of your areolar diameter.  The potential improvement in the feel, size and contouring of your breast is significant.  Meet with a new ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options so you can evaluate potential changes and improvements. Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Revision of breast augmentation

It depends how long since your surgery - you should feel comfortable discussing your concerns with your prior surgeon, if not- seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that will take the time to listen, and make suggestions.  The revisions you would like are certainly worth considering.  Do not get discouraged!

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Good Afternoon and thank you for your questions.  I am sorry that you are going through this and are struggling with your results.  It is possible to go with a smaller implant and a breast lift may be beneficial as well.  A cohesive silicone gel implant may give you a more natural result with less evident rippling while still giving you proportionate volume for your stature. 

As always, please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your best and safest outcome.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon