I had Juvederm injected 19 hours ago into my nasolabial folds, along with a little bit in my lips, and my chin. (Photo)

I can feel a small bump the size of a small pea on the inner corner of my mouth and it is giving a slightly elevated appearance on the left side of my face toward the bottom of my cheek near my lips. The bump is tender to touch but I do feel like most of my swelling has subsides in general. My Dr office is closed today, should I massage the bump to help the puffy and elevated appearance or if this is the final result. There is a smaller bump on the opposite side of my mouth but I can't see.

I had Juvederm injected 19 hours ago into my nasolabial folds, along with a little bit in my lips, and my chin.

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. Ice and head elevation may help. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Bump on mouth

I would not recommend palpating the bump yourself. I would make an appt. with you injector to correct the problem. Typically these issues resolve with time, however it would be the decision of your injector to decide on how to proceed. Have a great day!

Swelling On Nasolabial Folds After Fillers Like Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

This sounds like typical swelling which can take a few weeks to resolve. If you're concerned or unhappy with your final results you can reverse the filler and get a different technique at the next visit.  I suggest speaking to your physician if you have pain or rednesss. Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling After Juvederm Injections

Dear Quinn6:

Thank you for your question and attached photo. Swelling after Juvederm injections is not uncommon.  This swelling normally subsides 7-10 days after injections.  Please refrain from massaging the swelling and best to leave this to the physician.  Please follow up with your physician 2 weeks after injections for follow up and assessment.  Hope this information is re-assuring.

Final Result After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  With regard to the areas of fullness, I would suggest that you contact your doctor's office to be instructed on gentle massage to those areas.  In general, some areas of unwanted fullness can be considered normal immediately after the procedure and typically resolve by 2 weeks, which is when the product is fully incorporated with the surrounding tissue.  If you continue to have any concerns at 2 weeks, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Nodularity and bruising day one from filler

This all appears to be within normal limits on day one. It takes about 10 days to settle down. If you have any concerns, you should discuss with your doctor soon.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Facial fillers, questions after your injection

Facial fillers are injected to change the contours of the face. This is a procedure typically performed in the office. There is reactive swelling after the injection, a small potential for bruising, and frequently questions. 

Any questions after your injection should be brought to your doctor's attention. I like to contact my patients in the 24 hours following their injection. After hours, they can reach me through the answering service. This is a safety measure for my patients. Safety comes first for a happy result. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon