I need advice/ideas for a rhinoplasty? (Photos)

Hello, I've always had an insecurity with my nose. I need opinions, as it is hard to see myself since I look at my face every day. I think it's large and has a bulbous tip, and it has a slight bump from the side view I'd like to know what i can do to to create a very natural and feminine version of my nose.

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Dear InfiniteLios, I would suggest since you can not really pinpoint what your concerns are that you seek some consultations with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. Have imaging performed showing you both of your profile views as well as your frontal view to see the proposed changes a surgeon would make. Once you have done this and you can see how these proposed changes would look taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness you will have a better idea of the changes rhinoplasty could provide you. Then make a decision if those changes would provide you with the desired look you would like. See examples in the link below and the imaging process in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the changes to  your nose that are bothering you. The bulbous tip can be reduced and refined, and the dorsal hump shaved down. All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure on your facial features. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the  video below

I need advice/ideas for a rhinoplasty?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty-septoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for achieving a smaller, less distracting, and more feminine nasal appearance.

Bulbous, droopy nasal tips, and dorsal bumps are some of the most common conditions treated with rhinoplasty surgery. Consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after well-performed surgery. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I need advice/ideas for a rhinoplasty?

Hello InfiniteLios - Thanks for your question.  Looking at your nose, it doesn't look nearly as bad as you make it.  Your bridge looks very nice. You might benefit from mild tip reduction and inset.  As a polishing touch, you might benefit from a small chin implant to balance off your lower face. Also, a little fat grafting or filler injection to your right nasolabial fold may soften your right to left asymmetry around the cheeks.  I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for more information. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Insecurity re nose

If you've got an insecurity about your nose, one sure way of making that worse is to ask a bunch of plastic surgeons what they would do to rearrange it. You don't need opinions, you need to ask yourself is this really a big enough deal to warrant the risks and cost of surgery. Once you're 99% sure this is a problem you can't make psychological peace with and live out your life with the nose you've got, then you get your opinion, face to face, board certified etc. Just about every single person's nose could be technically improved in some way. Doesn't mean it has to be.

Mark Baldwin, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

For a natural looking nose you want subtle changes to the dorsum and tip to create the proper contour and proportion.  You are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery to give you a more feminine face.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Refinement in rhinoplasty, feminization of the nose, complementary nasal contour

The best and most realistic way to approach a rhinoplasty is to look at it as eliminating a distraction, creating a nasal contour that complements the remainder of the face, and making the nose look more feminine in the female patient. In your case subtle changes are needed to the dorsum and tip to create the proper contour and proportion. What should be desired is the improvement of the overall proportions which will create a natural appearing nose to will look much smaller while in fact the true size is only diminished a little but the combination of shapes is more appropriate for your facial features. Don't over reduce the size of your nose change the contour by reducing the hump, shortening the nose and narrowing the tip.  

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon