I am 45 and I've had 2 Fraxel treatments to get rid of sun damage and age spots. Pics are 1 day post second treatment. (Photo)

Based on my pictures, do you think I've been slightly "burned" in the cheek area. I kinda look like a football player. Also, could the nurse have safely moved a little closer to my eye area at the top part of my cheek bone where there is evident sun damage. It looks like this area was missed altogether. It also appears as if she missed the areas directly under my "burnt" ares.

Will settle

The cheek area will settle, this is still early days but you will recover in the next few days. I agree, I would go very close to the eye, and depending on your downtime, we usually treat the upper eyelids as well (swelling is common if this was done). 

Never the less, you will heal up without scarring, but possibly have a second option regarding missed spots. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel treatment question

I see the problems well. Yes, she should have gone closer to eyes. She appears to have not done the passes properly. She did too many passes on the upper cheek. She also didn't vary the direction of her passes to assure more thorough coverage. I like to do both horizontal and vertical passes. I like to to a minimum of 6 passes to ensure the evenness of the treatment. It should probably be not noticeable, but if it is, it can most like be resolved with another Fraxel from someone else. Hopefully the upper cheek is not over treated but just more treated. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fraxel and streaks

It appears as if the laser was not performed properly.  Passes are supposed to be done in both directions and not in the way it was performed in one direction with skip areas.  For the best cosmetic results you should consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with the se lasers.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel DUAL / Restore Results

I treat all my patients full face including the eyelid area.  however, your post results do not look like there are any issues but you should be on skin care now to speed up the healing process and prevent hyperpigmentation.  Best, Dr. Emer.