Fat Transfer to the breasts - how long do results last and how much larger can you typically get?

I have a slim build with some fat in my lower abdomen and hips and inner thighs. I am currenly an A34-B32 in breast size. I am not interested in implants as for the risk of BII. How much of an increase am I typically to expect? My weight stays about 125 lbs and never really changes. Are results permanent? Will my breasts change shape after the procedure? When choosing a surgeon, how should I go about picking the right one for me?

Transfer

The usual amount of increase with a fat transfer is around 1/2 to 1 cup. Some fat, up to 50%, may be lost with the transfer and healing process. You do need some donor fat available to transfer. Having a  stable weight is preferred, because the fat may shrink with weight loss. During the consultation, ask to see photos.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How Much Bigger Can I Get With Fat Transfer to Breasts?

Expect at most a 1/2 cup to 1 cup size increase at the most. Approximately 30-50 percent of the fat transferred to your breasts will not survive the process, leaving about 50-70 percent remaining. Fat transfer is not as predictable as breast implants. As with fat anywhere else on your body, the fat of your breasts may fluctuate with your weight. Fat should remain indefinitely once it has incorporated into its new home in your breasts. Your breast shape will change as the volume is expanding your skin envelope. To select a plastic surgeon, study her or his before and after photos, number of fat transfer to breast cases performed, credentials, and his or her interest in being there for you during your recovery, not just the procedure. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Fat Augmentation

Candidates for breast enlargment with fat include women and men who have adequate tissue elasticity and coverage.  The procedure is not uncommon, being performed for 25 years now.  

Since enlargement of 1/2 to one cup size is what is most safely achievable the best candidates for this procedure are those who seek improvement in shape and fullness of the breast not a large augmentation. Results typically last as long as fat is maintained in all parts of the body. Enough body fat to harvest is an essential pre-requisite.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with fat transfer

The best results with fat graft alone are moderately better, at best. I find it particularly unsatisfying as a stand alone procedure. I believe your fear of implant placement is irrational, however, it is ultimately your choice.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS