I need your opinions on my nose/profile ~ ugly profile? Or just insecurity? What do you see? (Photo)

Okay, well long story short I've always had a nose insecurity. I need to know some honest opinions on what other people (Preferably plastic surgeons) see. Lately I've been obsessing over my profile and it's very exhausting. I consider my left side my better side and actually don't mind my profile view from this angle most of the time, and then I hate my right side. I think one of the issues is uneven cartilage, if you look at the frontal view. What can I do to improve, or am I just insecure?

Opinions on my nose/profile

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with a natural appearing artistically performed rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile. Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient to improve the profile. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon