How to be sure that the doctor really injected me with 2 syringes of voluma?

The procedure was very fast (5 min max). On my bill he put 2 sticky labels... but the lot number on each label is the same... so I wonder if he injected me only one syringe and charged me for 2?

Voluma and Syringes

Thank you for your great question. It is not uncommon for Voluma syringes to have the same lot number but different batch numbers. This is because Voluma is packaged 2 syringes per box. With 2 stickers it is likely 2 syringes were used. If you have concerns it is best to contact your injector

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Voluma

Voluma is packaged 2 syringes to a box so it would make sense that both would have the same lot number. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma 2 Syringes

The typical patient needs 2 syringes of Voluma, one for each cheek.  The package has two syringes with a sticker with each syringe. If your provider stuck 2 stickers in your chart, it is extremely likely that you received both syringes. Injecting the cheeks is a very quick procedure.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Your surgeon should be able to provide you with medical records upon your request. Please use that information to verify that you received what you paid for. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma syringes

Thank you for your quesiton.

Voluma is packaged 2 syringes in a box, so it is not uncommon for them to have the same lot number but different batch numbers. One way to check would be to see if they recorded two syringes into your Brilliant distinctions account. 

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Voluma injection quantity

All fillers have lot numbers that are most often the same in one treatment since the batch of fillers has the same lot number. This is usually true for many syringes. If the physician put 2 stickers, I would trust that it was 2 syringes unless you see little or no result. Certain injections can be very fast despite using more than one syringe. If you are unhappy with your results, I would consider a different physician. But even with 2 syringes, often times people require more to obtain the results they want. Best of luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Voluma and Syringes

Each syringe of Voluma comes with a sticker from the lot or batch number that shows what lot it was filled from.  If you don't see any improvement you should speak to your physician or consult a new one.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Lot Numbers of Fillers

Lot numbers are not different for syringes they are different for BATCHES of fillers produced at the manufacturing plant and this can be 1000s of syringes.  With 2 stickers it likely was 2 syringes.  I would trust you physician and if you do not, please see another.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Did I really get Voluma?

There is absolutely no way to evaluate the filler after injection. It is almost always the same lot number when more than one string is used in an office. It will be the same if from the same box always. These are very large lots and hundreds or maybe thousands of syringes have the same lot. You have to have confidence in your doctor in using real products. There are counterfeit products available as well as illegal channels to purchase products - all for less price. There are potential problems with doing this and eventually it will catch up to the unscrupulous office. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Talk to your doctor

Best to talk to your doctor and ask if there is a mistake in the amount, the billing or in the stickers.
Trust is very important.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon