Looking for a doctor who does mini lift & maybe soof/cheek lift on a 30 year old, in Canada or Washington state.

Have loose/exces skin in lower face & face looks rectangular since age 26 due to weight loss & edema. Have droopy/saggy cheek & lower eyelid since age 26. Lipoatrophy & droopy tissue so filters don't work (tried it)
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Finding the Best Mini Facelift Surgeon in your area

The most critical decision to be made in achieving the best plastic surgical result is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, plastic surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon.
My BackgroundI have been a practicing plastic surgeon for more than 25 years, having trained scores of plastic surgeons as a former tenured professor of plastic surgery at USC, and I have had a private practice in Orange County since 1993. Speaking from all this experience, here is my advice and the criteria I would use to find the best plastic surgeon in Orange County, Los Angeles, California, or anywhere in the United States. These are the criteria I would use to select a plastic surgeon for my friends, my family, or myself.
First, I want to stress some general observations I have found to be true over the years.Caveat Emptor: Buyer BewareThe longer a surgeon trains at his craft, the finer his skills and the better his judgment become. Board certification in Plastic Surgery (see below) is a bare minimum. Board certification in an additional surgical field recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties, or for that matter “triple-board certified,” attests to a doctor’s advanced training and skill and judgment. It also means that they have attained Chief Resident Status in more than one field during their training which means they essentially ran a large departmental service and had senior decision-making and independent operating responsibilities. It is this step that is most maturing for a surgeon.
The institution where the surgeon trained is also important. More renowned schools usually attract the best faculty.
You can use the internet to research the background of a prospective plastic surgeon quickly. Please do this prior to making an appointment. “Just because you wear a baseball cap it doesn’t mean you are a good ball player.” The same applies to anyone wearing a white coat—it doesn’t make you a plastic surgeon, much less a great one.
Caveat Emptor in Latin means “Buyer Beware.” In most states, including California, any physician with a medical school diploma and state license is viewed as a doctor and a surgeon—even without any formal surgical training. In some cases even doctors who have completed only the minimal requirements (medical school, licensing examination, and a one-year internship that need not include surgical training) are touting themselves as “cosmetic surgical experts.” They make these claims of expertise despite the fact that they are only formally trained as family practitioners, OB/Gyns, emergency physicians, dermatologists, or ear-nose-throat specialists. Even physician assistants and nurses have made such claims.
7-Step Process for Finding the Best Plastic Surgeon. The following link lists my personal screening guidelines and criteria for picking the best plastic/cosmetic surgeon in your area.

Looking for a doctor who does mini lift & maybe cheek lift on a 30 year old

If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

As a female, if you need cheek augmentation and can't use dermal fillers, cheek implants when performed properly will shape the cheeks and feminize the entire face.  Hope this helps.

Mini Facelift Candidate?

You will need a complete evaluation by a Facial Plastic Surgeon during a consultation. make sure that the physician is board certified and with experience since you are painting a picture of a weight loss mini facelift.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

To determine the appropriate facelift technique used, one needs a complete analysis of the facial aging, and what is the ultimate goal. Then how to best achieve that goal. The SOOF is a form of subperiosteal mid face lift. Approached through the lower lid incision. Same mid facelift can be approached through a temporal incision with an intra oral incision and the mid face is lifted. You need to understand the subperiosteal facelift and the risks and complications. The swelling and recovery is long. Lid mal position is high.  Infection is high with oral incisions. Consider an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.