If you discontinue the use of Juvederm to plump lips, will lips become more deflated than original pre-injected lip size?

If someone (female, 26) gets juvaderm filler in their lips for a slightly more plump look, for a while, but then stops, ...will the lips look wrinkly, thinner and more deflated than their original pre-injected lip size? Very curious, thank you

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. If you discontuine the use of fillers, your lips will return to how they were prior to using the fillers. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

If you stop using fillers your lips go back to their natural size at your age. Unless a permanent filler was used.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Beautiful lips after Juvederm

With each lip filler injection session, the get better and better. The process of injection and the fillers result in some collagen production. 
What that means is that the lips tend to look better even when all the filler is gone. Of course, there may be some lip ageing with the passage of time but is independent of filling process.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko 

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Will lips return to original size after using Juvederm?

Thank you for sharing your question that many patients have. Even after years of use, the lips will return back to original size. I hope this helps. 

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

Juvederm is a great lip filler to plump the lips.  Once the Juvederm dissipates, your lips will return to your natural size.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD