Deep acne scar, should I get CO2 Laser or Plasma Blood Injections? (photos)

I have acne scar from 13 years..now im 31years old and i took two openions from dermatologist drs and each one give me his openion...one of them said i need co2 lazer for 3 to 4 visits and will see if its work and other one said no,you need plasma blood injections for 3 visits and then will see....soo please anyone can help me and say to me if there is any hope from treatment or not ..thanks in advance

Deep acne scar

This is a complex problem, Therefore the answer will be complex. To get the best results, I recommend a combination approach. You can do a series of fractional lasers for scars and a series of PRP injections to help. You may even add a touch of injectable fillers to smoothen it out  afterwards.  This  is a long process. You will have to be patient.

Montreal Physician

The Best Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp

I recommend both. This requires a combination approach for best results. You can get improvement with lasers, fillers, subcision, and microneedling/prp. See an expert in acne scarring for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep acne scar, should I get CO2 Laser or Plasma Blood Injections?

Hello Noomy,

Assuming the "plasma blood injections" are microneedling with PRP (platelet rich plasma) then both doctors are right.  There is no one correct way to treat acne scars.  You don't have any ice pick scars so no need for surgery.  This leaves several options to help improve the contour of your skin.  Fractionated lasers like CO2, microneedling +/- PRP, and dermabrasion will likely be the most effective.  The treatments help to stimulate collagen growth and blend the acne scars with the surrounding skin.  It frequently does take several treatments to get to your goal of improvement.  It is unlikely that any of the treatments will completely get of all visible scarring but they should make them less noticeable.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon