Should I be concerned? (Photo)

I went for my 4 weeks post-op appointment Friday and my doctor removed the steristrips. She also cut a long thread of the internal stitches that was coming out (she pulled on it a bit too, which did hurt). Since my appointment my areola has been hurting and I did cut some more of the thread that was still coming out. Now I am wondering if I should be concerned with about an infection or an abscess in the scar.

Should I be concerned?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Suture spitting

Thanks for your inquiry and picture.  Sutures unfortunately do spit out and your picture looks like a version of normal healing. You may have more pieces of suture come out over the next couple of weeks.  If you have pus or redness, let your doctor know.  Good Luck.