Botox for forehead lines - no lines around eyes or between brows (Photo)

I want to get botox to reduce the lines in my forehead. I am 28 years old and I dont notice lines around my eyes, or between my brows strictly forehead. Last year I went to get botox done, and I was told they wouldnt do it on me, because the amount they would have to use would make my eye brows drop... Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm 28.

Botox and Forehead Injections

You are the perfect candidate for "Baby Botox" in the forehead.  You should not have a droop if you consult an experienced injector.  Best, Dr. Green

Treatment of Deep Forehead Lines

You have deep lines of your forehead. These will respond to Botox, but may not completely go away. Sure, you would need more than the average dose, but an expert injector will know how much to give in what areas in order to not drop your brows. It may take a couple of sessions to get the optimal result. Conservative is better when it comes to the forehead. You may want to also consider some fillers to further improve the lines once the Botox fully kicks in. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox for forehead lines - no lines around eyes or between brows

Botox will improve and reduce the amount of wrinkles that you have on your forehead. There is a possibility that your brows could drop due to the decreased lift force of the frontalis muscle in order to reduce your wrinkles. This can be corrected or decreased by injections to the glabella and crow's feet in order to decrease the strength of the muscles that depress the brow. This will hopefully result in a no-change of position of the brows.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead lines

Botox and dysport are very effective at treating forehead lines.  In person that has a lower brow or drooping eyelids, care should be taken to not over inject the forehead.  There is no reason that the forehead lines shouldn't be treated; see an expert injector who knows proper placement and will not over treat you to start.  Start light, it is easy to tweak if needed after 10-14 days.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox should be injected to reduce wrinkles without dropping the brow.

It is true that too much Botox injected into the forehead, or injected into the wrong area, can cause the brows to drop. However, if you visit a sufficiently experienced, board-certified dermatologist, they should have the anatomical knowledge of where and how much Botox should be injected to reduce wrinkles without dropping the brow. I would do your research and go for another consultation to come up with a treatment plan that will work for you.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox for forhead lines

Thank you for asking your question and posting your photos. You would be a perfect candidate for Botox. An experienced injector is required in order to prevent brow droop. I hope you find this helpful.
Good luck,

it appears that you have lines on your forehead both in the animated and relaxed position. Botox can allow the eyebrows to fall, yes, but it can also stabilize the wrinkles where they are now. You might consider some Botox as well as filler for the lines. Botox alone will not remove the lines at rest.

Julio Garcia, MD

Hi, I have used Botox and or one of the other neurotoxins to reduce unwanted lines and wrinkles for over 30 years.  I don't inject the Botox within 2 finger widths above the eyebrows which leaves frontalis muscle function to support the eyebrow preventing droop.  The rest of the forehead lines and wrinkles can be injected without an issue.  

Hope this helps.  

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

The best treatment is to get botox, fillers and consider microneedling/lasers for skin complexion/antiaging.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox Forehead

Thank you for the question. Botox will effectively paralyze your forehead muscles, but there is potential to lower the brows. However, if you are treated by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a high volume of injections, the degree of lowering should be minimal if any at all. Hope this helps!