Would it better to get a BBL before a tummy tuck? Or does it not matter?

BBL with or without abdominoplasty

I have done these as combined procedures and has two staged procedures.

I have a strong preference for doing these two separate procedures generally always with the BBL before the abdominoplasty.
There are numerous reasons why this is the case.

The main reason for not having an abdominoplasty befor a BBL is that a substantial source of fat needed for the BBL is discarded during the abdominoplasty.
For patients with more than adequate amounts of subcutaneous fat for a successful BBL this may not be an issue.

The best candidates for an abdominoplasty I have lots of skin laxity with muscle separation from previous pregnancies but little subcutaneous fat.
I perform my Brazilians without the use of general anesthesia.

This is not possible for an abdominoplasty.

The ability to keep my patients awake during both the liposuction and fat transfer part of the procedure greatly and Hanses my aesthetic outcomes, decrease his recovery time, improve safety and lowers cost.

Ones sufficient fat has been removed using liposuction and transferred for the Brazilian patients no longer have to worry about subcutaneous fat and the surgeon in focus exclusively on skin tightening and muscle tightening during the abdominoplasty.

Performing these two as a combined procedure tends to be overwhelming for the patient and a half times the surgeon as well.

Recovery is difficult enough with just one of the two procedures. Some plastic surgeons prefer a different approach.

Consult with board-certified plastic surgeon who have expertise in both these procedures.

There is no right or wrong way of doing this but I have my preferred methods and believe there is good rationale and experience behind how I perform my surgeries.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

"BBL" is the best to do first to get the great results. "BBL harvest fat from area, with your own fat transfer to the buttocks and into the hips. The more body fat the better results.It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck. Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Would BBL be better before TT?

Thanks for your question. You are better off doing the BBL at the time of your TT surgery. This would mean only one recovery.
Hope this helps!
Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Greetings.  This question is best answered after you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Based on the consultation, your goals can be discussed and the correct procedure(s) can be discussed with you.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO