Flexed my right pecs accidentally after gynecomastia surgery: circle shape has occurred over there. (photos)

I had gynecomastia surgery(excision and lipo) 9 days before. Everything was looking great. But yesterday, I somehow flexed my chest accidently and now there is a small circle shaped bruise ( i dont know what to call it). Its not that visible but I can see a small circle on the area that I flexed on my chest. Is this going to cause any issues? And I can also feel a little hard mass over there when I touch it. It feels like its muscle. I dont know. Please can you guys give me a feedback. Thanks very much.

RE: Flexed my right pecs accidentally after gynecomastia surgery: circle shape has occurred over there

The appearance of bruising over the week or two after surgery can be related to things that occurred during the surgery itself--and the bruising is just becoming apparent--or it might be related to the flexion of your pectoralis muscle, which somehow caused a small hematoma to form.  In either case, it's unlikely to present a long-term problem and should resolve on its own, but seeing your surgeon is certainly the safest way to be sure nothing needs to be done about it.  

Newton Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about Indentation after Muscle Flex

It shouldn't have a permanent effect on your final results. However, it couldn't hurt to call your surgeon for additional insight or an in-person evaluation.  Additionally, your #incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Circle shaped mass

Hello. It's unclear what the circle shape means but I would suspect a small self contained hematoma. Contact your BCPS for an in-office evaluation and treatment suggestions. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Flexed my right pecs accidentally after gynecomastia surgery: circle shape has occurred over there.

This could represent an area where you surgeon was controlling any possible bleeding. 

Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon