Acne and oily skin after Hair Transplant? (Photos)

Six months since first HT. Shortly after the HT I experienced escalated acne and oily skin (not sure why). Surgeon stressed a no sugar diet. I've done my best. I have some BenzaClin (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) but am afraid to use it for fear of it getting into the recipient area and damaging the grafts (magical thinking?). But also afraid grafts will become infected from the acne (especially grafts placed at temple area). Acne never seems to appear in recipient areas, just near them

It is best to see your doctor for a recheck if you are having post surgical issues. Some patients may get acne after surgery.

It is best to see your doctor for a recheck if you are having post surgical issues. Some patients may get acne after surgery.  Before applying your own medication, contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Acne 6 months after a hair transplant

This is highly unusual and I would follow your doctor's advice. At 6 months, I would not worry  about damaging the grafts. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon