3 days post op. When can I expect this to die down? (Photo)

I am 3 days post op. I have 400cc moderate profile in the left breast (which also got a lift) and 550cc high profile in the right breast. They are under the muscle. Just curious if these are looking like they will give a good result at this point? I am also very easily tired and light headed when i do activity. .when can I expect this to die down?

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

3 days after breast lift plus implants.

At this early point in your recovery things do indeed look far from what your final result will be, so it is appropriate to reassure you that things will change, soften, and settle as time goes by. No one should tell you that you will look "perfect" or that you will have a specific result. You have entirely too much surgical swelling at this point to accurately predict any sort of (good OR less-than-perfect) outcome.

Your asymmetry in volume seems to have been nicely corrected by your surgeon's choice of implants, and the choice of HP in the larger side will compensate for the diameter discrepancy with volume discrepancy, so well-chosen, IMHO.

The dizziness should resolve in the next day or so, but depends on your pre-operative hemoglobin levels, blood loss during surgery (should be scant), and your response to anesthesia drugs and post-operative narcotics. Stay well hydrated and flex your calf muscles to move your lower extremity blood (avoid blood clots). Get up slowly from a reclining or seated position so your body can accommodate to the change in your blood pressure--this is the usual cause of post-op dizziness, and this too shall pass if you follow the above advice. Be well, and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

3 days post op. When can I expect this to die down?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD