Don't know what to think after LBL; need opinions as to if I'm going to need a revision eventually?
Doctor Answers 2
Lower body lift - crying daily!
- Your photos show a well placed incision and good healing.
- Give your weight loss, you had a LOT done.
- Recovery from major surgery can be emotionally stressful-
- Please let your surgeon know and consider supportive counseling during this difficult time for you.
- Healing is a process. Your incisions will flatten and fade.
- It will take 6 months to see your final result.
- But also it is important to be realistic - after losing 200 pounds, restorative body surgery is complex and cannot be achieved in one operation - and there will be limits to what can be done.
- I suspect that changing surgeons is not indicated and will be very disruptive to you.
- If in doubt, wait 6 months after surgery and get a second opinion before more surgery is done.
- Above all, before doing anything get the supportive counseling you need to get through your healing.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Early body lift results
You are very early in your recovery. What I see at this stage looks along the line of expected lines of recovery. It is very normal to have raised & lumpy suture/incision lines......these will definitely flatten. I also believe that the position of your suture lines is fine - low at the front & at the top of your buttocks at the back.
After masiive weight loss & a body lift it is normal to also have a flattened butt, this is not an unexpected outcome.
Trust your surgeon through this period & wait at least 3 months before making any decisions to go elsewhere. This is huge surgery & takes time to get through the healing process & adjust to the changes.
All the best
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.