Breast augmentation - one looks deformed (Photo)

On Thursday i had a breast augmentiation with 255cc in each one, over the muscle. I feel like the right one looks more round and full, and the left one is only round at the top. On the bottom i feel like it looks very different from the right one and goes straight down from the nipple to where the fold ends. Is this normal? The surgeon had to move the fold down because it was so small space between the nipple and where the breast ended. Do i have a big risk of getting dobble bubbe?:

Breast augmentation - one looks deformed

It is far too early to be concerned about your breast implants as you are very early in recovery.  Your breast tissues will expand to accommodate the new implants underneath and your breasts will look much better over the next 3 months.  It is far too early to diagnose a double bubble and do not see evidence of that at this point.  Please follow up with your plastic surgeon and do not follow Internet advice.

Augmentation in very hypoplastic women

produce results like yours and you can rest assured your tissues will stretch out and accommodate the implant.  You are right to be concerned about your potential for double bubbles but some surgeons reinforce the new fold but risk comes with it.  Focus on healing and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation Results

It is way way way too early to be concerned about your breast appearance, as it will change dramatically over the next 3 to 6 months. Aggressive fold changes can cause double bubble, but it isn't necessarily going to happen. Wear a supportive bra and be patient.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Double Bubble

Hi kaitlyn89,

Thank you for your photos and questions. I would bet that the left breast was smaller to begin with. That is why it looks smaller now.  The breast implants will take some time to stretch your soft tissues and then your breasts will feel softer. Ask your surgeon if a bandolero strap would help. This is a strap that goes around your chest, under your arms, and places pressure on the upper pole of the breast, thereby pushing your implant down into the lower pole of the breast. I have found it helpful in patients with your body habitus.

You cannot get a double-bubble when the implants are placed on top of the muscle so you need not worry.

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Risk of double bubble

thank you for your photos. You are still VERY early on in the process and it is not unusual for breasts to heal differently and at different rates early on. It will take some time for the implants to "drop and fluff" and look more rounded at the bottom. While it is very early, I do not see any evidence of a double bubble forming at this time. Best to see your surgeon and express your concerns to him/her. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon