36 with 2 children: Always had big boobs which I love (40DD).

I was considering implants just to firm them up and make them sit where they should will it work to support them please

Wanting perkier and fuller breasts after 2 children...

and most plastic surgeons can produce a good result for you.  If you  have heavy, drooping breasts and did not mind giving up native tissue for a more durable result, consider a reduction with a deepithelialized inferior flap to help provide extra coverage of your implant and to help reinforce your fold.  This produces the best long term result and durability is an issue with augmentation mastopexy procedures.

Lift and Aug

Thank you for your question! It's best to schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified surgeon in your area regarding your expectations. If getting them to "sit where they should" is what you're interested in, you may be in need of a lift along with your augmentation. The following link will be able to help you in your search for the right surgeon for you. Good luck! 

Breast lift

Sounds like you may benefit from a breast lift, likely without the need for implants. An exam in person will give you more information and allow a plastic surgeon to examine you and review your goals. You can preserve your size but improve your shape with a breast lift.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

36 with 2 children: Always had big boobs which I love (40DD)

Thank you for your question. Without an in-person exam and consultation it is impossible to tell you what might help you to achieve your goals. In addition, without even a picture to reference, it is hard to even steer you in the right direction. That being said, implants will not lift the breasts or change the position of where they "sit." If you are interested in keeping your same size, but just want to change the position of the breast mound, you might want to consider a mastopexy (breast lift).

See a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Implants or Lift?

Placement of an implant will give some support depending on whether the breast is still perky or not, but if you feel the breasts do not "sit where they should" then it is likely you need a lift as well, which is very common after kids in larger breasted women.  It is possible a lift alone will meet your goals, but it really depends on how comfortable you are with a possible modest decrease in size.  For this reason we often combine implant placement with a lift. The choice really depends on your exam and talking to your surgeon is the best way to determine what is right for you.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

36 with 2 children: Always had big boobs which I love

The implants will make them larger and more firm, but the implants alone will not lift the new breast any higher to make them perky. That will require a breast lift in addition to the implant.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast implant and breast lift for total breast reshaping

We often combine breast lift surgery with breast augmentation to reshape and lift the breasts. This is a safe and reasonable procedure to do in a single stage.

Breast implants alone or uplift for droopy breasts?

As a 40 DD cup and after two children my guess is that you need an uplift procedure possibly in conjunction with placement of small to modest sized breast implants to optimize your breast aesthetics.  If your breasts are droopy, placement of implants alone will emphasize the droopiness.  There are patients however who are more empty rather than droopy and have good nipple position and an implant alone may be just fine.  My suggestion is that you meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options after a complete examination and evaluation.  I hope this is of help. Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implants Don't Lift

So sorry, but implants will not help your drooping breasts. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in all types of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS