Bilateral mastectomy 1 month post op my L breast had 250 cc of fluid. 2nd sx, breast was filled with white yeast pudding (Photo)

2nd attempt with a expander, 3 wks post op and 180 cc of fluid, sediment and crystals were noted. Await culture results? What,How and Why? Of course what happens next? I am 47 years old, with a prophylactic mastectomy due to 3 generations with TNBC.

Infection after prophylactic mastectomy

I agree that it seems expander and implant based reconstruction does not seem to be successful thus far and that tissue based reconstruction may be necessary. Out of curiosity, were you counseled to leave or take your nipples? A lower based, almost invisible scar along the bra line is a safe and effective way that creates a beautiful appearance with nipple sparing mastectomy. If you have family members who are considering prophylactic mastectomy, I urge you and them to investigate this approach. I'm sorry you are struggling with infection issues...

Infection after prophylactic mastectomy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast Reconstruction

Probably infected expander. Remove the expander, tissue culture and infectious disease consult. Antibiotics.
No expander for 6-12 months.
May consider a latissmus Dorsi flap for implant reconstruction. Otherwise a free flap, and no implant.

Breast Reconstruction

No expander for 6-12 months.