Am I a good candidate for scar revision? (photos)

(I'm currently 8 months post op) Would scar revision be able to help with a scar of this severity? I had necrosis in this area (right breast).

Scar Revision Candidate

Thank you for your question and your photos.  You are a good candidate for scar revision of the area where you had necrosis.  The remainder of the scar will continue to improve over the next 6-8 months.  In the interim, silicone scar gel or sheeting will help.  Best wishes.

Am I a good candidate for scar revision?

Thank you for your question.  Allow at least 12 months from surgery to pass and until all tissues are soft before considering a scar revision.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Needs more time

Some more time will help as the tissues and scars still need to mature.Seems that around a year or so will be the best time in your situation.