Can I have all surgeries at once? Can I have a baby after tummy tuck? (Photos)

I want all excess fat and flesh removed from my tummy & thigh lift.i want arm lift and breast lift.can all these surgeries be done at once?

Multiple surgeries

It is possible to have a tummy tuck, thigh lift, breast lift and arm lift performed in one surgery. However, your surgeon will determine if all can be done safely on you based on your condition and medical history. 

A tummy tuck won’t stop you from having children in the future, but you should know that your results will most likely be negatively affected. The results of your breast lift may also be negatively affected. For this reason, you may want to consider having these two procedures done after you no longer plan to have children. 

Can You Have All Surgeries Done Together

Combined procedures can help provide more effective overall final results. Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. The best thing to do would be to take all of your desired results to a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon and find out what the best procedures would be.

Tummy tuck, breast lift & thigh lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is possible to have all these procedures done at once but you should definitely wait to have a tummy tuck and/or breast lift until you are done having kids seeing as this would reverse the results from the tummy tuck if you had one then got pregnant after and could produce sagging in the breasts again. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photos.

It is very common in plastic surgery to combine procedures, but all doctors have different points of view. I personally suggest you to divide all procedures in phases of not more then 3, wich will benefit you, your recovery and your doctor.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can I have all surgeries at once? Can I have a baby after tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…  

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations. 

You will find that there are no "absolute rules" when it comes to your question.  Based on the principle of safety and avoidance of complications first, in my practice, I generally avoid combination surgical procedures that will take longer than six hours in our hands. In our practice, I would plan on performing the operations you are considering in 2 to 3 stages.

Yes, it is possible to safely carry a baby after having the abdominoplasty procedure. In general, it is in your best interest, to be as certain as possible that no more pregnancies are in your future prior to having the tummy tuck. Pregnancy after abdominoplasty may cause changes that will require further surgery to correct. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.