Activity after MM? (Photo)

I had a lift/gummy bear implant and a mini tummy tuck 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have felt pretty good. I am an active person and find myself being much more active and lifting more than recommended. If I feel ok and it doesn't hurt, is it ok? Wounds are healing well...

The enemy of good is better

Congrats on a fantastic outcome!  Be patient, talk with your PS and follow his/her schedule.  A #breast lift and mini TT still have long suture lines which still need to heal so that you get the scars you deserve and your PS wishes to produce for you.  Excess tension on early scars may lead to disruption/dehiscence or unfavorable healing.  Good luck.

Mommy Makeover

Hi & thank you for your question.
Glad you are feeling so good!  I would continue to follow your surgeons instructions on strenuous activity. Your body still needs time to heal and recover from surgery.Best of luck.

Activity after MM?

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you follow up with your surgeon regarding resuming activity level as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.  No strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks is best.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Activity after MM?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to have a nice result from the mommy makeover procedure.  However, I advise you to seek the advice of your surgeon regarding your activity level for only two and a half weeks post-op.  I tell my patients to refrain from strenuous exercise for the first six weeks post-op.  Although you feel fine, you do not want to rush back into exercising.  Your surgeon should be able to provide you with more information regarding his or her post-op protocol.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL  

Resuming activity after a mommy makeover.

First of all, you should follow only the instructions of your own surgeon. In my practice I permit patients to begin aerobic activity as soon as they feel comfortable. This is usually a couple of weeks. Impact activities are not permitted for four weeks. Exercises that target the abdominal muscles may begin six weeks after the operation increasing intensity until full athletic activity is permitted at three months.

Healing & Activity after a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Activity After Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and the pictures.

Your result is fantastic.  I wouldn't want you to increase your activity too early, and do something to compromise your result (incisions separating, developing a hematoma, etc.).  Better to be safer than to test the limits of what your body can handle at this point.  I would discuss your activity restrictions with your surgeon, as they know you best and can provide individualized recommendations.  Best of luck!

Activity after MM

Congratulations on your recent surgery.
It seems like you have a great early result.
It is great that you are feeling good; however, you need to follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.
By overdoing or exerting yourself, you don't want to compromise or delay your healing.
Good luck with your continued recovery.

Exercise

I believe you should follow your surgeons directions. Different types of abdominoplasties will have different recommendations for exercise. The key is whether the muscles were adjusted during the procedure. If not, return to more vigorous activity is quicker.