How can my face look normal again?

Hello I have this deep scar on my face from a few months ago accidentally banging my face on the soap holder in he shower and getting a gash. How can my face look normal again? It's embarrassing and right above my lip.

Doctor Answers 2

Scar Maturation

So sorry you are going through this. Your photos demonstrate excellent early scar maturation. It takes one full year for your scar to mature and hopefully, continue to fade. Use over the counter scar creams like Kelacote or Mederma and try to be patient. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about scarring, it may be helpful. If concerned, Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Lasers and fillers for your scars

Ematrix RF, Plato's Scar Serum, fractional lasers, and fillers can improve your scars. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.